Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

i thought i told september to slow down....

in less than a month i will be saying goodbye to my hubby for 6 months. to be honest, it doesn't seem so bad when you think about the deployments that will take place in the future. 6 months is better than a year. i think what's so hard about this is that this is the first goodbye of many in his army career. and to make matters a little tougher, i'm pregnant and will have this baby while he's gone. it's hard to really grasp what that will be like. i am thanking God i can't wrap my mind around it, because i would probably be a mess. its starting to hit me just how soon he will be kissing me goodbye though. just how soon i will be trying to fall asleep in an over sized empty bed. just how soon i will want to come home and tell him something and then have to try to figure out how to explain it in a letter instead. how soon until i ache because i would do anything to just hear his voice. i am trying to hold it together for my hubby, he needs me to be strong. and let me tell you, it is very difficult to keep my emotions in order with my out of control pregnancy hormones. but i know what i need to do, and the wife he needs me to be. and i will be that for him...because i love him. this will be difficult, but i praise the Lord for His faithfulness and comfort, that He continually pours out on me. i am thankful for the family and friends He has surrounded me with, so that i won't have to endure this alone. i am thankful for the constant reminder that He loves me and will never leave me. and i am so thankful for my hubby and the love that will fill in my heart even when he is miles away from me. i came across these lyrics and they pretty much explain how i am feeling...thankful to have the Lord in charge of my life.

"When I’m stuck in this nothingness by myself
I’m just sitting in silence
There’s no way I can make it without Your help, I won’t even try it
I know You have Your reasons for everything so I will keep believing
Whatever I might be feeling, God You are my hope
And You will be my strength

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what I’m gonna need You
I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You no matter what, no matter what
"

-Kerrie Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment