Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

timing

for the last week or so, i have focused on nothing more than trying to put myself into labor. we walked...and walked....and walked. i drank pineapple juice, and teas. i danced. i ate spicy foods. i tried pressure points. i walked more. nothing. and then...i got frustrated. mind you...this whole time i have been hearing (and avoiding) God's gentle voice saying "Lauren...Lauren....leave it to Me."..."Lauren...allow My timing to be perfect."..."Lauren...come sit with Me and pray."...so yesterday when i sat down with my bible as i do everyday, i completely cleared my mind, and began to pray about this. i wish i had sooner...as always. ...i am so amazed at how God loves us and the mercy He shows us when we are so selfish and we lose our focus on Him. what He revealed to me is that this is all going to happen in His timing. no matter how many methods of natural labor induction i try, this baby is not going to be born until the Lord wants him to be born. it is all part of His perfect, amazing, unbelievable plan that we can't even begin to imagine. i need to trust in His promises and leave it in His hands. and relax. i just need to be still. i am in need of this time He has blessed me with...i need to take a few deep breaths and enjoy these last moments i have with my daughter and hubby before our new addition arrives. i just need to be that godly wife and mommy the Lord wants me to be to my family...the rest will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment