Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

living by faith

lots going on in our little world these days...potty training, new adventures possibly on the horizon, a possible new job opportunity in the works...this means lots of praying... starting yesterday. i seem to have hit another point in my life where i'm getting very emotional and allowing my emotions to take control rather than submitting to God, and allowing Him to have control. not good. well...since i can't rewind, i have taken a moment to just stop and re-evaluate the situations at hand. i have to look at all this realistically. i tell myself this on a daily basis, the world isn't daisies and sunshine all the time, so i have to do whatever i can to bring out the sunshine, even in the midst of the thunderstorms. which means prayer...lots and lots of prayer. not to mention, i must fully submit to the Lord's will for my life. even if that means going down a road i don't think i am strong enough to handle. because in the end, i always come to the same realization...i am not strong enough to do anything...it is He who is in me, that gives me strength. so really, if we are going down a road that is God led, then i will have the strength to deal, through Him. it's so simple and yet, i always have to take the long road...you would think i would have learned my lesson by now. now i feel so silly for getting worked up over something that was obviously a lesson in submission and patience for me. i have to keep my hope and faith in the fact that the Lord is good! with that, i can now take a deep breath and open up my heart to the peace that comes with trusting God.

"Rejoice in the Lord, ALWAYS. Again, I will say REJOICE!" Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment