Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

God moment

i logged onto facebook this morning and one of my friends had posted this as their status: do not be deceived: "evil company corrupts good habits." 1 Corinthians 15:33. immediately it was one of those 'alright God, i hear you' moments. for the past week or so i've been waring with myself, between what i know God would want from me and what my mind tries to justify. i've been going back and forth between, "well, if i know that i'm following the Lord and i know how i'm supposed to act, then being around this person shouldn't affect me." and "God wouldn't want me to keep company with someone like that...regardless of how close we are." when i read this scripture it was like the nail in the coffin. i can sit there and justify and come up with bogus reasoning, but in the end God speaks to me through scripture. and it's up to me whether or not i follow His will for my life. i have to say, i do not want to go against God, so my only other option is to do as He says. even if that means doing something difficult. no matter how close someone is to me, if they are a bad influence, a corrupting influence on my spiritual walk, i should depart from that and surround myself with those that will help me in my spiritual walk. i should do that anyway. i will make it priority to stay away from those that are in love with the world. instead i will surround myself with those who are in love with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment