Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

reality is kicking in

today i sat on the edge of my bed for a second, staring at the wall, realizing that in a matter of weeks our family will no longer be made up of 3...we will be 4. and not only that...but my hubby will be leaving soon. i wouldn't say i am feeling overwhelmed at the moment...not yet at least. ha ha that was humor. it's just all so surreal to me. the idea that i will be responsible for not just one child, but two. and that both little lives will be depending on me to teach them in the way God calls me to raise them, and all the while trying to be a godly role model to Kailyn and a patient mother to Jacob, while trying to find time to rest and clean and write sweet nothings to my hubby while he's away. wow...i'm out of breath just thinking about it. that's why i am so thankful i have the Lord in control of my life and His promises to me. i could not even begin to fathom the idea of trying to do all of this on my own...

"and let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9

"trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:31-34

...i am so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful loving family and friends. they are a support system that is truly a blessing and a gift from God. i can't believe how close we are to meeting our new little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment