Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

easy as pie!

i took on a new challenge this thanksgiving. i decided i wanted to learn how to make homemade pies from scratch. and i mean completely from scratch. so i hunkered down in the kitchen with my mother-in-law the day before thanksgiving to learn how to make homemade pies. it took us all day, and i made quite a mess...but the outcome was well worth it! i was so impressed with the finished products. one perfect pumpkin pie and one absolutely the best you will ever taste apple pie...which my hubby has already requested i make for Christmas as well. i can't even begin to tell you how happy it made me to see how much my family enjoyed the pie. and i had such a great time bonding with my mother-in-law while cooking. it was such a great experience and now i can say i know how to make homemade pie!
we made these out of leftover pie crust dough
my two finished products!

No comments:

Post a Comment