Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

1 down....11 to go.

well as it nears the end of the month, having tried my best to attain my goal of keeping positive, i have to say, i'm not quite sure how well i did. i kept happy things around me as constant reminders of positivity, but most days they just got buried under a pile of bills or paperwork. i thought carefully about the comments i was making and decided to go with the most positive approach, so in that aspect, i'd say i got an A. as for being positive all the time....maybe a D-. but hey, it's still passing, right? i've learned that with a two year old who thinks she runs the house and a hubby who's always either at school or work, it's not all daisies and sunshine all the time. i don't know how i thought i could make it seem that way. i have to say, trying to be happy when i wasn't feeling happy, made me feel worse than just admitting that i wasn't happy at that given moment. it took me back to a time in my life when i would go months with a fake smile and fabricated positivity, while on the inside i was kicking and screaming at what was going on. i'm glad those days are over and all i'm dealing with now are the simple stresses of mommy-hood. all in all, i have a wonderful life and if i could just take a moment to reflect on that whenever the world is weighing down on my shoulders, i think i'll be fine. so, with this goal came an almost impossible task, but it allowed me to gain perspective on what approach i should take when having a bad day. that in itself makes me feel like i have accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment