Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"i never leave Your hands"

just an update: my work out routine goal has been put on hold for a bit. i have been going through a really hard time in my life recently. i am so thankful for my friends and family, they have been there for me and supportive of me during this time. i am very blessed. i am so amazed at what the Lord gives us daily and how much of it we take for granted. love, hope, mercy, grace, forgiveness...the list goes on and on. for the first time in a long time i have fully put my life in His hands. i have to put my whole heart in His hands daily. i have to let go of my awful habit of trying to do things on my own. God is there, He wants me to ask for His help, and He wants me to leave it to Him. it's so easy, and yet i always take the hard way, the uphill battle. and i have always failed in those situations. it's like when i say to my daughter, "we can do this the easy way or the hard way." she should always chose the easy way, but for some reason she thinks she can get away with it if she chooses the hard way. if i have learned anything in the last two weeks, it's that i am not capable of anything without God. my strength comes from Him. my love for others comes from Him. my forgiving heart comes from Him. my very life comes from Him. the fact that i can breathe in and breathe out at this very moment, is because of Him. i should get down on my knees daily and praise Him for the everything He has blessed me with. for the last week or so, i have been reading my bible everyday and every night, and i have found so much reassurance in His Word. there were so many times where i would pray for understanding or peace, and that night i would find a bible verse or story that spoke to me and answered the questions i had asked God. how anyone could deny Him is beyond me. if it weren't for my faith in Jesus, and my relationship with Him, i don't know where i would be right now. i trust in Him and i know He has so much in store for me and my family. i find peace in that. even in this troubling time. He has not once let go of me. there is a bible verse that i have felt so blessed by in the past, but more so in the present...
Jeremiah 29:11-13. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
Jesus is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment