Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

hot tea with lemon and honey.

my little girl has come down with a cold. poor thing. i feel so helpless in these situations. i feel like she's so miserable and basically asking for me to make it go away, but i can't. all i can do is hold her while she cries, and coughs, and does everything in her power to get comfortable. that was how most of last night was spent. it was a strange feeling for me, i felt like a new mom again. up all night, my daughter crying, me rummaging through the kitchen drawers looking for something that would make her feel better. the last time she was sick seems like ages ago. at one point last night, i held her in my arms all snuggled up in my big pink blanket, she had watery eyes and she would let out a sad little cry every time she coughed, then she would nuzzle her sweaty little head back into the spot it had been before she had to cough. i have to say, even though she was miserable, i cherished that moment. here i was, holding my precious child, and in my mind i was unable to help her in anyway, but in her mind, being in my arms was help enough. she eventually fell asleep. there were a few wake ups and crying sessions throughout the night, due to her inability to breathe through her nose, but i'm thankful she isn't worse off. most of today was spent keeping her fever down. she wouldn't take her children's Tylenol, apparently her taste buds have changed since the last time she was sick. so i did what any mom would do...i squirted it into a cup of juice and made sure she drank it all. later in the day, i put it in some warm decaf tea with honey...she liked that a lot, it helped sooth her throat. i know how she's feeling. lately, my allergies have been on the severe side. i've been drinking hot tea all week. my beverage choices have ranged from green tea to black tea, and everything in between. hot tea with lemon and honey seems the be the only thing that really makes my throat feel better. it may be a short lived remedy, but i still swear by it. i happen to make one version of hot tea that i have become quite fond of. recipe: Tazo passion tea (hot), 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp honey, 2 sliced lemons pressed down at the bottom with a spoon for juice, then float them at the top. it's amazing. although, i think every tea i try is amazing. never the less, i would highly recommend this if you are feeling under the weather. plus, the tea stains the inside of the lemon slices pink...so it looks all fun and girly. i'm hoping all these sickly vibes are out of our systems soon...praying for health.

also makes a great iced passion tea lemonade.

off subject...i got started on my work out routine. very hard. i'm very sore. more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment