Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

time to get on with things

procrastination. its an ugly word. it's the reason there are piles of clothes on the floor. it's the reason i have files of papers that need to be sorted through and bills that need to be paid. but worst of all...it's the reason my bible study lesson sits undone on my nightstand and my bible sitting on top of it has barely been touched in the last month. for the last couple weeks i've said, "tomorrow...tomorrow i will get back into the swing of things. i will do my bible study, i will clean up, i will embrace my life as a mom of two..." yata yata...but every morning i wake up and i'm "too tired." or "i don't feel good." excuses... excuses. last night i sat for a while, glancing every so often at my bible, wanting to do my bible study, but i caved into laziness instead and quickly fell asleep. but this morning i was suddenly overcome with this realization. yes i've been tired and i've felt yucky and i've been busy with the new little one, but none of that is enough to keep me from my relationship with Jesus. i am procrastinating. and that is wrong. i know i should pick up my bible, but instead i pick up the remote. i know i should take my quiet time to pray, but instead i sleep. i am breaking that cycle today. it's been a month and a half...it's time i get back to my life. embrace it and love it. i'm blessed beyond words and i need to take every moment i can to thank my Jesus for that.

my kiddos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment