Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

first time at the beach

This last weekend marked the first time my daughter and little man ever stepped foot on a beach! It was so exciting watching their reactions. Especially my daughter...my husband and I have lived here our whole lives and we never took her to the beach in the last 4 years. Crazy, I know. She loved it. She ran into the water, then ran away from the waves. She built sandcastles with daddy and dug holes with her friends. And she collected quite a few seashells. Jakey even loved the beach. He smiled at the water and the sound of the waves. And he took a three hour nap. This boy likes to sleep...ha. My favorite part of the day was watching Kailyn giggle every time the waves came in and broke at her ankles. The whole day was such a sweet memory. We were down there with a group from our church doing a surf camp. It was so awesome sitting in the sand, doing bible study and worship while looking out at this great ocean our awesome God created! My step-sister even got baptized...It was such a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment