Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

reasurrance

Romans 8:35-39
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This is the verse I have been meditating on today. 'Chewing it like a cow chews cud' as my pastor would put it. I love that visualization by the way. I read this verse this morning and it just sunk into me. I can't get it out of my head. It's so amazing to know that nothing can or ever will come between me and my Jesus. He is with me through thick and thin, through the stressful times and happy times, through the uncertainties and without-a-doubts. Right now is one of those times when we are just hanging on to the fact that Jesus has us in His hands. He knows our every thought, every need, everything...we have to trust in Him and that He will make provisions for us, as long as we live by His will. The hardest part of that, is actually letting go of our own will and allowing God to work in and through us.

I told my husband earlier this week that I wanted to try something new. I want to try to go this whole week without worrying. For those of you who know me, this is a very difficult thing for me. It shouldn't be, especially since worrying hinders blessings. sigh. I try, I really do, but for some reason, worry takes over at some point or another during the day.
So...this week, is no worry week. Give it all to God and LET IT GO week. So far...I have failed a couple of times, but I am trying really really hard. I just have to keep in mind, that no matter what happens in life, from day to day, with my family or friends, work or school, none of it matters if I don't keep my faith and trust God, and put it all in His hands. I mean it's already in His hands to begin with, I just have to submit and give full control to Him. No matter the outcome of our current situation, nothing can take me away from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...and that's the only thing that matters when all is said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment