Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

i don't like having the bed to myself

Let me start off by saying, I am super excited for my hubby and the youth that are on our church's youth mission trip right now, I pray that the Lord will use them in amazing ways while they are helping and ministering to recent tornado victims...but of course, I miss him. It's only been like half a day, and already I feel like something is missing. Times like this make me so thankful he did not follow through with the Army. Thank you Jesus! Our little 4 year old was having a really hard time dealing with daddy leaving for this mission trip and I couldn't figure out why, it was only going to be 5 days. Eventually we figured out that she thought Daddy was going to the Army after all. Poor thing. Once we explained everything to her she then hugged Daddy and said, "you be back in 5 days...that not long time." ...I have to admit, I was a little bit excited at the thought of being able to come home from bible study tonight, get the kiddos to bed, and enjoy a snack and a good book until I fell asleep. Ya. The kiddos were put to bed, I enjoyed a snack and then... the silence became too much and I am now watching some mindless show on television while sitting on my computer facebook stalking and blogging as of now...I need to go to sleep, I really really need to go to sleep. It's just so difficult when he's not here. A big empty bed...sigh. I really don't like when I wake up in the middle of the night expecting him to put his arm around me like he always does when I wake up in the middle of the night...and then nothing. I always have a moment of panic before I remember where he is. I know it sounds silly. I just love him so much. I pray they all return home safely.

This is our most recent FaMiLy picture!
We are all sweaty and have that icky after-pool look
about us, but it's still great!

No comments:

Post a Comment