Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

sweet & simple

don't get me wrong, i had a great weekend. but at the same time it was stressful and tiring and by tonight i was just about on my last string. i was hurting and drowsy and tired and dragging...and then my little girl asked to get in a moon bounce at the fall festival we were at. she climbed in there all big even though she was the smallest child in there, her face lit up and she looked around in wonder. the other kids were jumping all over the place and she was just sitting there not sure what to do. i yelled in there and said "Kailyn, jump up and down, like on the bed!" she looked at me and in an instant she was just....i don't even know the word for it....she had the biggest smile on her face and was giggling so loud i could hear it outside. and in that moment, everything i was feeling just washed away...all i could see was my little girl so happy and so full of life and i wanted to be a part of that moment. and i was. it was the sweetest thing i've ever seen. and just like that, she turned my night around. i wasn't tired anymore, i wasn't hurting...instead i enjoyed myself and spent the evening embracing the child within. i love my daughter. and i love the things she teaches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment