Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

summer picks

every year when the summer rolls around, i get this feeling of relaxation ...almost. i say almost because it's too hot in Texas for true relaxation. but this feeling comes in the moments about mid to late afternoon, when the children are napping, the sound of the ceiling fan on high speed is the perfect calming hum, the sunlight peeks across the bed through the blinds, and my legs search for the cold spots on the bed while i take my precious time to just sit back and rest. this is when i find my summer picks. the things i enjoy in these quiet moments. so, without further adieu...here are a few of my summer picks.
-personal bible study. spending personal time with Jesus keeps me at peace. He keeps my life balanced.
-my kindle. the best part about this gadget is it allows me to read and flip pages one handed while i nurse. amazing! i am currently reading Water for Elephants and when that's done i will move on to Redeeming Love, then i'll just have to see. i am going to fill my summer with reading, i've missed reading.
-dove ice cream miniatures. it's dove chocolate, ice cream with mini chocolate chips mixed in, all rolled into one little 70 calorie treat. need i say more?
-at&t u-verse movies on demand. so much easier than hitting a redbox or blockbuster.

-girly beauty products. hair, face, body...i've become obsessed. my new favorite is my nexxus shampoo/conditioner...not only does is moisturize and mend split ends, but it smells of coconut, just like my after sun body butter. a good shower and moisterizing session makes that afternoon nap all the more rejuvenating. my second favorite is my mint julep face mask...it leaves my face feeling cool and fresh.

these are the things that make me forget about the awful Texas heat and make my summer all the more sweet. yep...that rhymed.

No comments:

Post a Comment