Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

mommyhood is a reward

I recently read a couple bible verses that warmed my heart so much and I just wanted to share...

Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 128:3
"Your wife shall be like a fruitful
vine in the very heart of your house, your children like olive plants all around your table."

It's amazing to think that the Lord has rewarded me with these beautiful blessings. Rewarded me?...For what? I don't deserve either of them, and yet, His grace and mercy abounds and covers m
e. I am so thankful for what He has done in my life and to think...I'm like a fruitful vine for Him, bearing fruit. What better way for me to show my gratitude than to take that fruit and raise them to glorify the Lord. Raise my children to be lights for the Lord in this dark world. What an honor that the Lord has bestowed upon me!
Just think of all the amazing things you get to experience being a mom, and how each and every one was given to you as a gift from God.
How incredibly amazing is that?!
...These are my favorite "mommy things" the Lord allows me to experience with my two little ones...Milestones, first smile, crawling,
walking, etc...Impromptu games of peek-a-boo while folding towels...Sweet kisses on warm post-nap cheeks...Singing and dancing sessions at random during the day for no reason at all...Those sweet sad hugs when little ones don't feel good...Laughter, the little giggles are the best...Love like you've never known...And the best thing you will ever hear, "i love you mommy.", but the greatest gift of all is the fact that God has in trusted me with these two beautiful children. I rejoice and praise the Lord in everything regarding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment