Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

my daughter's quotes of the week

today at the grocery store my little 3 year old daughter outreached to an employee, she said to her, "...we always have to read about Jesus, everybody needs to know about Jesus..." then proceeded to ask the woman, "do you know Jesus?"...the woman just said, "that's good...", but still, i love how the she's just so bold for the Lord! i wish i was that bold.

we went to the park the other day. the weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we took our kiddos out for a park day. while my husband and our daughter ran around the playground, i sat peacefully in a comfy swing under a canopy that provided nice shade for me and the little guy. well our daughter made a friend, as she always does, and they came running over to the swing area. Kailyn jumped right up on the swing and began swaying back and forth...the little girl however was having trouble and at one point in frustration says, "get up there little booty!"...well my hubby leans over quietly to me and says, "what is this little girl teaching our child?"...but lo and behold, our little child was obviously being taught by us and not this little girl. Kailyn immediately says to her, "that's a bad word...we not say that word, that makes God very sad when we say bad words. Jesus doesn't like that."...my husband and i just looked at each other and smiled. then my hubby said, "my little evangelist...i'm so proud!".

she said the same thing to a woman in the check out line who said, "oh my gosh!". we had taught her not to say that because it's too close to the other and that is using God's name in vain. she told the woman "oh! you not say that! that a bad word!...that make Jesus sad."....the woman gladly said she was sorry for saying that word.

this one isn't a quote, but i was so happy to see my daughter being so helpful the other morning. she had such a servant's heart. she was getting me diaper stuff before i even asked, and she even helped me change her brother's diaper. she was helping me in the kitchen and with cleaning up and she even helped grandpa feed the dog. it was so sweet! i love seeing God work in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment