Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

years go by like minutes...


as everyone sent their children off to school today and posted their stories and hopes that their child will have a good first day...it made me realize that in a couple of years Kailyn will be going to kindergarden. i'm amazed at how fast time has gone by. about 2 years ago i couldn't imagine my child walking or talking and now i'm looking at her dancing and singing and telling me all about every single things she does during the day. am i allowed to be a little sad when she goes to school? i'm going to miss her during the day...haha i'm talking like its tomorrow. it just goes by so fast. it makes me realize how precious this time is now. the simplicity of sitting on the floor and playing tea party or dancing around the living room playing princess. i'm going miss that. i'm learning to just embrace those moments, so that later on when i look back instead of wishing i had taken the time to enjoy my child, i will know that i did. she's the most amazing thing that has happened to me and i thank the Lord for blessing me with her. even though society calls it the "terrible twos", i have to say, the twos can be quite wonderful! you just have to embrace the moment and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment